Garmin G700 TXi
The Garmin G700 TXi is available, offering optimal flexibility for panel configurations, including a large 10.6-inch display, and two versions of 7-inch displays, in portrait and landscape orientations. The 10.6-inch display can operate as a primary flight display (PFD), multi-function display (MFD) and optional integrated EIS in a highly customized package, while the 7-inch portrait display can be dedicated to any one of those functions. The 7-inch landscape display is available exclusively as a dedicated EIS solution. The G700 TXi is exclusively for Part 23 Class IV and Part 25 aircraft that weigh greater than 12,500 lbs.
Vibrant, state-of-the-art touchscreen display
The TXi display incorporates a familiar touchscreen design with modern processors that support improved map and chart rendering, faster panning and contemporary single-finger zoom and pinch-to-zoom gestures. Through any combination of the touchscreen or dual concentric knobs, pilots can quickly access and view flight information at a glance. Modernized displays and large fonts offer improved readability, while the simplistic user-interface helps reduce overall pilot workload. Pilots will also appreciate a familiar in-flight experience behind the G700TXi as the user interface is harmonious with multiple Garmin products, such as the GTN 650/750 touchscreen navigators.
Greater scalability, building block design and simplified upgrades
Multiple panel configurations and display orientations allow pilots and aircraft owners to better leverage their current or future avionics investment. Three display formats support 26-approved cockpit configurations and over 600 aircraft makes/models. Installation configurations vary as the G700TXi is also capable of displaying engine information on a dedicated 7-inch display or in split-screen mode on the 10.6-inch display.
Contributing to a streamlined installation and simplified maintenance, the G700TXi display are available with integrated attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) and a display-mounted air data computer (ADC), typically alleviating the need to separately locate, mount and wire these sensors. As an additional option for remote mounting, a combined air data and attitude heading reference system (ADAHRS) is available or AHRS and ADC are available separately. The G700TXi will also interface with the new GFC 600 autopilot and is compatible with a wide range of additional third-party autopilots.
Industry-first touchscreen EIS solutions
The G700TXi display real-time engine indications in an easy-to-read format. The display supports various features, including lean assist mode, pilot-configurable advisories and more, providing pilots with the opportunity to achieve greater fuel economy, improved engine efficiency and superior engine operation. Compatible with single-engine and twin-engine normally aspirated or turbo-charged aircraft, the EIS TXi system supports Lycoming or Continental 4/6-cylinder engines, offering a broad range of aircraft compatibility.
When the EIS TXi system is paired with a GTN 650/750 and Flight Stream 510, Connext automatically downloads engine and other flight information to the Garmin Pilot app on an Apple mobile device, which is then synced to flyGarmin.com. The flyGarmin website allows pilots to view information such as track logs, cylinder head temperatures (CHT), exhaust gas temperatures (EGT), oil temperatures and more. Pilots can also view flight parameters such as altitude and airspeed alongside an interactive moving map on the website. In addition to wireless engine and flight data downloads to Garmin Pilot, data can also be logged and stored on an SD card within EIS TXi.
Connext wireless connectivity
When the G700TXi is paired with a GTN 650/750 touchscreen navigator, Connext wireless connectivity offers additional capabilities. Flight Stream 510 is an option with the GTN 650/750, which enables Database Concierge, the wireless transfer of aviation databases from the Garmin Pilot app on a mobile device to a GTN and the TXi system. Flight Stream 510 also supports the sharing of a breadth of information with compatible mobile devices running Garmin Pilot or ForeFlight Mobile, including two-way flight plan transfer, traffic, weather, GPS information and back-up attitude information as available.
Best in class reversionary mode – say goodbye to standbys
In configurations where multiple displays are installed, the G700TXi offer reversionary mode as a single system is capable of displaying all pertinent flight information, including EIS when installed. Additionally, the 7-inch TXi displays are compatible with an optional back-up battery, which can power the display for 30-minutes in the event the aircraft electrical system fails.
Next generation HSI adds mapping
The G700TXi boasts a geographical map overlay within the horizontal situation indicator (HSI) on the PFD, which also supports the overlay of NEXRAD, Flight Information Service-Broadcast (FIS-B) weather, SafeTaxi airport diagrams, traffic, terrain and more. For example, pilots can overlay terrain within the HSI map, while simultaneously viewing traffic and flight plan information without significantly diverting their attention away from the PFD. It is also easy to navigate within the HSI map as pilots can simply zoom in/out on the map using a single finger gesture.
Fully loaded functionality
The G700 TXi support features and options:
- Customizable crew profiles allow pilots to configure and save settings such as audio volume levels, backlight settings, map configurations and more so they can be recalled prior to each flight.
- Pilots can overlay and animate NEXRAD radar from FIS-B and SiriusXM Aviation weather on the moving map on the MFD.
- Various global datalink weather products are available when paired with the GSR 56.
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) In traffic and FIS-B weather display on the PFD/MFD via the GTX 345 transponder or GDL 88 ADS-B datalink.
- GWX 70 weather radar compatibility offers four-color storm cell display, as well as Turbulence Detection and Ground Clutter Suppression as options.
- Support for a wide range of third-party weather radars is also available.
- Pilots are offered significant savings on database subscriptions as OnePak annual database and PilotPak global database subscriptions are compatible with these displays.
- Smart Airspace highlights the airspace nearest the aircraft’s current altitude and de-emphasizes non-pertinent airspace.
- Pilots can view and alternate between Garmin FliteCharts® or optional Jeppesen charts.
- Jeppesen VFR Manual charts (formally known as Bottlang charts) are available within Europe and European Visual Reporting Points (VRPs) can be overlaid on the moving map.
- WireAware™ wire strike avoidance technology overlays powerline locations and relative altitude information on the moving map and provides both aural and visual alerting when operating near powerlines.
- Synthetic Vision Technology (SVT) is standard on the G600 TXi and presents a 3D depiction of terrain, obstacles, traffic and the runway environment, providing pilots with an elevated level of situational awareness. SVT is available as an option on the G500 TXi.
- Class B Terrain Awareness and Warning System (TAWS) alerting is available as an option.
- Compatibility extended to include the GTS 800/825 Traffic Advisory Systems (TAS) and the GTS 855 Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS), as well as select third-party traffic systems.
- Patented TargetTrend™ and TerminalTraffic™ is available with select traffic systems and provides pilots with a more intuitive method of judging target trajectories and closure rates.
- Compatible with the GRA 55 radar altimeter, as well as select third-party radar altimeters.
- Optional support for Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) operations.
- An optional dedicated PFD controller provides pilots with an additional source to make adjustments to the heading bug, barometric setting, altitude bug and more.
- A back-up GPS antenna is also built into the displays, providing redundancy in the event a primary GPS navigator fails.
Step 1 - Select Display(s)
Step 2 - Select LRU Kit(s)
Step 3 - Select Pilot's Guide and Database Card
Step 4 - Select Options and Enablements (if applicable)
Step 5 - Select Accessories