Elevate Your Flight Experience with the Advanced GTN 650Xi System
Tap into a new generation of faster, smarter avionics with GTN 650Xi system, a leap in technology that enhances the industry's premier GPS/Nav/Comm/MFD platform with more pixels, more processing power, and improved speed and performance. Experience a vivid and comprehensive visualization of your entire flight plan, including holds and approaches, on a 4.9” touch display. Benefit from high-speed processors that cut boot-up time by 50% over earlier GTN models, allowing you to fly the approaches you prefer, from visual glidepaths to LPV, RNAV, ILS, and more. This system is designed to integrate seamlessly with a wide range of existing avionics, autopilots, and flight displays, and offers the convenience of wirelessly loading flight plans and database updates via an optional Connext® link. For those looking to upgrade, the new GTN Xi series provides an easy slide-in upgrade path for existing GTN avionics, making it simpler than ever to elevate your avionic capabilities.
- DO-IT-ALL TOUCHSCREEN - Intuitive touchscreen interface provides quick access to navigation, radio tuning, multifunction display features and more.
- LIGHTNING-FAST RESPONSE - Powerful dual-core processors boost the GTN Xi series graphical display capabilities — with faster zooming, panning and map rendering on the 4.9” display.
- HIGH-RESOLUTION DISPLAY - With almost double the pixel count of its predecessor, the GTN Xi series features wider viewing angles and one of the highest-resolution displays ever offered in this class of avionics.
Supporting multiple inputs, the 4.9” display can put moving maps, terrain, traffic, weather, airport diagrams and more at your fingertips. Use the on-screen QWERTY keyboard or traditional concentric knobs to enter frequencies, waypoint identifiers, routings and more.
- TELL IT, TUNE IT - Available Telligence™ voice control technology helps reduce pilot workload by responding to hundreds of spoken commands with the press of a button on the yoke.
- PINCH, SWIPE GESTURES - A quick finger swipe lets you pan across the map display. Or use a smartphone-like pinch-to-zoom motion to scale up or down on any map, traffic or terrain page.
- SEE THE FULL PICTURE - Graphical routing on the display lets you visualize your entire flight plan, including departures, arrivals, visual/instrument approaches, holding procedures and more.
- FAST FIND - As soon as you start typing, the GTN Xi FastFind feature uses quick predictive logic to suggest airport and waypoint entries by using current GPS position. Just select and go.
- AIRWAYS, YOUR WAY - Victor airways and high-altitude jet routes can be overlaid on the map. For easy IFR routings, view airway segments available from a waypoint and corresponding exit options.
- "RUBBER BAND" REROUTES - This handy feature lets you grab a flight plan leg on the screen, and then stretch or move it to adjust for a deviation or ATC amendment to your flight plan.
VIRTUAL MAP TOPOGRAPHY
A built-in database provides color-coded display overlays to warn when potential terrain conflicts loom ahead. By referencing built-in terrain, mapping and obstacles databases, GTN 650Xi shows detailed surface features, cities, airports, SUAs and more on the dynamic map display.
- DIRECT CONNECT - A Direct-to key on the bezel lets you quickly enter a direct course for any selected waypoint. A menu of nearest airports and flight plan waypoints makes for easy entry.
- MORE APPROACH OPTIONS - The WAAS/SBAS-certified GPS receiver expands your landing options, enabling GPS-guided LPV glidepath approaches down to ILS-comparable minimums as low as 200’.
- VHF NAVAID CAPABILITY - In addition to GPS guidance, full VHF navigation capabilities offer complete airspace system access, including VOR/ILS with localizer and glideslope.
- AUTO-ASSIST ENTRY - When loading procedures, the GTN Xi series will pre-enter NAV frequencies to standby position for quick access. It also auto-selects the VHF NAV source for ILS approaches.
- CLEARED FOR THE VISUAL - GTN Xi can give advisory visual approach guidance based on a published glidepath or a 3-degree slope from the runway threshold (with terrain/obstacle clearance).
- AUTOPILOT INTERFACE - Precise course deviation and roll steering outputs can be coupled to select autopilots, enabling virtually all IFR flight procedures to be flown automatically.
- HOLDING PATTERNS - IFR pattern entries can be tricky. GTN 650Xi lets you easily create and execute holding patterns over a published or user-defined waypoint.
- SEARCH AND RESCUE - For aerial surveillance, common search pattern types — including orbit, parallel line, expanding square and sector search — can be loaded into your flight plan on the GTN 650Xi navigator.
- SUPPORTS VNAV AND MORE - With our GFC™ 500 and GFC 600, GTN 650Xi supports advanced modes and features such as vertical navigation profiles, radius-to-fix legs, missed approaches and more.
- SAFETAXI® DATABASE - Upon landing, georeferenced SafeTaxi diagrams on the display automatically help track your location on hundreds of airports.
- TSO applicability: C34e; 2C34f; C36e Class A; 2C36f Class A; C40c; 2C40c; C74d Class A; C112e; C128a; 2C128; C146e Class 3; C151d Class A, B; C157b Class 1, 2; 165b; C169a Class C, E, 3, 4, 5, 6; 2C169a Class C, E, H2, 3, 4, 5, 6; C194; C195b Class B1, B3, B5, B7; C209
- Display size: 4.9" (125 mm) diagonal
- Display resolution: 834 pixels (W) x 370 pixels (H)
- Unit bezel height: 2.65" (67 mm)
- Unit bezel width: 6.25" (159 mm)
- Unit depth with connectors: 11.25" (286 mm) (measured from face of aircraft panel to rear of connector backshells)
- Unit weight: 5.5 lbs (2.48 kg)
- Input voltage range: 11 VDC - 33 VDC
- Operating temperature range: -20° C to 55° C (-4° F to 131° F)
- Number of GPS channels: 15 (12 GPS and 3 GPS/WAAS/SBAS)
- LAT/LON position accuracy: <1.25 meter RMS hor