Mobile devices have become essential in-flight tools for pilots and their passengers. With enhanced charging capabilities and a host of other features, the compact Garmin GSB™ 15 USB charger ensures pilots and passengers keep their devices fully charged while working on the fly (literally) so they’re always ready for their next destination. Here are seven reasons to upgrade to Garmin’s newest portable charger:
- Charge multiple devices/dual ports. The new GSB 15 models include a variety of USB port options — Dual USB Type-C or a combination of USB Type-A and USB Type-C — each supporting up to 27 watts of power output per port simultaneously, allowing pilots and passengers to charge most mobile devices while they are in use.
- Capability to push databases to multiple units. All GSB 15 models offer pilots the option to transfer databases to the GI 275 electronic flight instrument using a USB flash drive. Pilots can record flight data, including valuable engine indication system data and upload this information for an in-depth analysis.
- Enhanced lighting. The latest GSB 15 models feature dimmable halo lighting around each port, making plugging in your device easy and hassle-free during nighttime conditions. For optimal viewing day or night, you can utilize the lighting bus to control brightness.
- More power. Now with USB power delivery technology, the newest GSB 15 USB charger is designed to provide optimized power output for a specific device, allowing pilots and passengers to get the most out of their technology.
- Compact, lightweight design. The GSB 15 USB charger’s sleek design and options for rear and side power input connectors provide an ideal charging solution for any cockpit or cabin. Compact enough to fit a 1” cutout, its slim design makes it a suitable addition to almost any cockpit or space-constrained areas such as cabin sidewalls or armrests. Optional accessories such as GSB 15 mounting kits and decorative covers ensure a visually seamless presentation.
- Peace of mind. The GSB 15 also provides owners and operators with short-circuit and over-temperature protection for extra peace of mind.
- Ease of installation. The GSB 15 can take the place of an existing aircraft instrument hole with an optional adapter plate, and aircraft owners and operators with an existing GSB 15 will find that upgrading to a new model GSB 15 is easy for their installer by using the same connector as well as compatibility with original wiring for the new dimmable halo lighting feature.1
New models of the GSB 15 include dual USB Type-C ports or a combination of USB Type-A and USB Type-C ports. Request the quote now.
1May require wiring or breaker change in 14-volt aircraft. See installation manual for details.